10-19-2017, 03:55 AM   #5
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleb View Post
Cheers Dave, it was a bit of an impulse move but I'm chuffed!

Both our M2's have big shoes to fill...luckily I stripped my 1er so lots of performance parts to fit to the M2 eventually.

How are you finding the M2 so far compared to your 1er?

Also our mutual friend shorty was telling me you know of a m235i that had m2 suspension fitted to it, any more info on it?
Dale,

Chassis-wise - you wont be disappointed as straight from the crate - M2 is very good. Having parked next to an LCI the other day, the newer car ride height is higher than my 5k miles 66 plate car - easy fixes to sort that tho'. I tried an eibach sprung car and one with OEM MP coilovers during my search - cos the stock chassis is so good, eibachs were ho-hum IMHO whereas MPS was a step up. Good example of "you pays yr money and makes yr choices"

Damping and steering is a big step up as M2 ePAS doesn't have mlite std fit VSS ePAS.

Grunt-wise - its lacking even compared to my M135i so considering what yr M135i is capable of - no doubt you may find N55m shortcomings. JB4 isn't worthwhile on M2 IMHO so I'm torn between BM3 and stage 1 p/back as I don't intend to upgrade turbo or fuelling. Maybe HFC DP and either JB+ or Dinan Sport Tuner or go all in with Ray at Wrench Studios for BM3 install and stg 2 OTS map.....

As far as KW V3 swap from yr Mlite to M2 - TBH - speak to techy guys at KW UK - they're helpful bunch.

BP

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0