07-19-2020, 02:14 PM   #44
MrFoxy
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i. G42 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregus330i View Post
Well, I coded Sport Plus and the results were nil. I'll explain.

Once coded, Sport Plus appears on the iDrive under Sport Individual settings. 2 items can be Sport plus - ENGINE sound and TRANSMISSION.
I tried engine sound Sport Plus first, thinking what could this possibly do to enhance the engine sound? When Sport is selected, together with 'depending on driving mode' setting another another menu of engine sound, the exhaust valve is open - You cannot enhance the engine sound more than this! As I thought, this Sport Plus setting in engine sound did absolutely nothing.
I selected Sport under engine sound so I could see if Sport plus improved anything under the transmission setting, then after this experiment I would then select sport plus for both engine sound and transmission. Also experiment with keep car in D then manual paddle shifts (M1, etc) then sport shifts (S1, etc)
With transmission in sport plus, there was absolutely no difference at all! Even with sport plus selected also for engine sound as well as transmission there was no change at all, neither was there any change whether driving in D, manual or sport manual. Unless I missed something? (which I don't think I did) I'm open to be corrected/helped!
I don't have engine sound option on any settings before or after coding, only in the main general settings I could change setting to Balanced or Reduced.

My car 100% feels different in Sport+ and the exterior sound pulling away hard is night and day, no idea if my valves being deleted from 200 miles on the clock has something to do with it 🤷🏼*♂️ (3500 odd) on it now.
Appreciate 0