View Single Post
      02-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #11
Dobervol
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Manual, Graphite

Maybe this will help some other folks in my situation who aren't extremely tech-savvy like me, but the "Genius" at the other end of the BMW hotline, 1.844.443.6487, insists the Lightning adaptor is all the early F10s need to work.

In other words, if anyone else has gone through this without benefit of a 10 year old child to help him, I'm admitting my own stupidity for the betterment of others.

Part of my confusion was that there were numerous posts on this and other BMW forums stating that you only needed the white apple wire that came with your iphone 5. Apparently, the first iOS6 iphone 5 was packaged with a converter/adaptor wire to change the 30-pin to Lightning, but the 5c iOS7 iphone does not include that little goodie.

Also, as I've read in other posts from people, BMW now says the apple adaptor wire seems to be giving people more difficulty with charging the phone through the Y cable than just the square adaptor with no wire.

Bottom line is I've been assured that I will have the same functionality with iphone 5c as with a 4 once I buy this:

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightnin.../dp/B009A5EIWC

Of course, they also told me that if I'd just order a new 5 Series, I'd have no issues whatsoever.
Appreciate 0