View Single Post
      03-16-2008, 09:37 AM   #9
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls View Post
^^ BBS RG-R (1 piece forged) are only a fraction more expensive than those you listed, far better in quality, and would be worth considerably more on the used market years down the road; therefore a far better buy as well. However cleaning them would be as fun as my BBS CH wheels, which isn't fun at all. If all I wanted was a good wheel at a good price I'd just buy a set of CH's, but I want something different to that which I currently have.
RGRs are very nice wheels, I'm not sure if I could take those over Volk RE30s, though. The Volks are several pounds lighter, and are certainly just as strong, if not stronger.

Enkei and SSR might not be as big name as BBS, but I haven't had any problem with their wheels re quality, even on TERRIBLE New Jersey roads. Both the wheels I mentioned are very often used on the track also, and are considered by many track rats to be among the best.

As for price on the used market, I actually sold the Enkei wheels I had on my S2000 for more than what I paid for them. :iono:
Appreciate 0