View Single Post
      03-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

First Service

So I brought my F30 335i sport to the dealer for it's first service.

They're doing the normal oil change and whatever else needs to be done in the first year but they're also doing a recall (I think it's the head restraint I've read about), but when I went in this morning the service guy said he also has me down to do a software update.

Any idea as to what the software update is? It's a 2012 if that makes a difference.

Stop reading now for my terrible 328 comparison below as they refused to give me a M5. THE NERVE!
___
Naturally, they gave me a 328i. It's a fairly decent car. It seems bigger than mine, but I think that's due to the interior and the fact that I have sports seats. They're a must for me. Another must is the HUD. Driving without it now feels like a handicap. I can't feel any perceptive difference in weight, but I haven't tried taking any curves at high speeds, but on normal roads I dont expect to as my 335 feels firmly planted as I have adaptive suspension and I didn't check to see if this one does.

The only thing I could notice is the lack of torque. It was obvious stomping on the gas at 40mph. It definitely doesn't have the same 'push you back in your seat' feel at the 335. Although the sound was interesting, sounds like a 4 cylinder <insert car here> but this one moves a lot better. Especially, from stopped. I'd guess 0-40 without brake boosting, the 328 will be neck and neck with the 335. It feels quick off the line, just doesn't have the extra thrust the 335 has.

Didn't want to turn this into a 328 vs 335 debate or anything. It's definitely a good car and if it had sports seats and HUD it's a pretty good buy, but with all the options tacked on it gets pretty close to the 335's price. Definitely a fun tossable car though and not sure if there is a better 4 cylinder out there based on my extremely limited sample size.
Appreciate 0