View Single Post
      06-08-2019, 09:33 AM   #6
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Phase View Post
I opted for the base car as it's going to be my daily driver. I have a Gen 5 Viper and a GT350 R for the track, so didn't see the need for the comp pack since I don't plan to track the M5.

If the M5 was my only vehicle, I might consider the comp pack. Ride quality and harshness are all relative.

I agree about being relative etc, but my honest opinion at this time, is that stiffer/firmer is not always better. The slightly softer, more travel and compliant dampers, would aid progress in some situations ?, maybe not on a smooth bowling green track surface, but on everyday give and take roads, it may be better to be softer ?.
I did test drive both cars myself on different days, but didnt really test them thoroughly, as i just virtually drove home, and back to the dealers, when really, i should have given them both the full test treatment. Dont get me wrong, im not knocking the Competition in the slightest, and if it wasnt for me moving house, it would still be in the garage, and going nowhere.
But as i will be buying again later this year, i may just go for the standard car, because of what im talking about here. I think a standard car with ceramics may be for me. Im being lent a standard car for a weekend soon, so will be able to see for myself if i am talking rubbish.
Appreciate 0