View Single Post
      10-30-2017, 12:43 PM   #22
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by outie View Post
Which competitors have more aggressive look? I don’t see the AMGs any more aggressive than their non AMG counterparts. Compared to BMW they are about the same in terms “looking tame”.

Now I don’t really understand the motion behind making these look dramatically different. What are you trying to prove? It is, after all, just a 5 series. If you want something to look aggressive just get an i8.
E63S or RS7. To my eyes those cars do not need front lips, diffusers or wheels to look amazing. The M5 right off the bat needs all of that to look "right".

I'm a die hard BMW fan but for the first time I actually might get a Merc over BMW in this segment. There is just something about the front end design of this car not being cohesive with the rear and it looks too much like a ordinary 5 series. The front end looks like my X5M but squished together while the rear looks overly stretched out making it not resemble any other BMW.

For me if i'm dropping 30-40K more for an M5 over a 540/550 I want it to look the part. This generation doesn't really do it for me for some reason. Just personal preference.

Alan