09-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #15
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp View Post
Sheps is the expert on these but has gone off the CLA45 in favour of the A45. Something about the suspension set-up being different on the saloon version. He may pop up here and offer his input. Pretty sure he added some comments to RealThing's thread posted above...
Call him and he shall appear!

Yes, I was pre-sold on the idea of a CLA45 for months and months, and the initial reports I read/watched on the A45, which is mechanically identical, only had me more excited.

But as the initial reports on the CLA started to come through I began to doubt my initial choice; the CLA (as a woke range) is primarily aimed at the US market and they have softened the suspension and reduced the noise.

Given what I'm coming from, and on the basis that the A45 makes the best noise possible from its 2 litre 4 banger, a reduction in the noise of the CLA will be a backwards step, as will a softening of its dynamics.

Delivery was also a consideration; my C63 goes back days before Xmas and I can still get a spec changeable A45 order that ties in with it. The CLA is looking Feb/March.

It's also circa £3k more than the A45, which is a lot for a boot! - although I'll caveat that comment by saying the spec of the CLA may be enhanced over that of the A45 in respect of interior trim.

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0