View Single Post
      07-15-2008, 03:45 PM   #12
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

I think everyone said it, but Hardwood need to be nailed down no and if or buts about it so how do you nail into tile, that is your first clue this guy has not clue.

Now if you are saying Laminates those can float if done right and can be done over most surfaces. However, the more uneven the surface the higher the risk of running into problems later and having to replace it.

Next I know some people like Hardwoods in kitchens since it does look nice, I personally think it is a bad idea due to being near water and spills, and it is usually the highest traffic area in the house and they really get beat up. Also, I like my kitchen floor really clean and wash them with strong cleaners which is really bad for hardwoods.

However, again if your talking laminates, this is not much of an issue they tend to hold up better to wear and tear and as long as water does not sit on them or under it you will be okay. I put in a Basement bar and game room and put down laminates and it did fine on a concrete floor and drinks being spilled on it all the time.

So it really comes down to if you thinking real hardwood or laminate/engineered flooring.

Lastly, I rip out all old flooring and lay new, this way you do not have to worry about the height differences.
Appreciate 0