View Single Post
      04-03-2015, 04:24 PM   #14
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
If the throttle feels stiff, I would start there. After all its your first entry into the system - at your foot...

I believe the M3/M4 are drive by wire wrt the throttle mechanism. This would likely require some sort of electrical component to read the position of your throttle (ie. some sort of linear or rotating potentiometer). If you are REALLY feeling stiffness in the throttle then you may have a problem with that component. Its statistically unlikely it would be more than one thing failing at a time (ECU, Turbo, Intercooler, etc).

So you should carefully ask yourself if you are REALLY feeling a stiff throttle. If so, start there... Maybe there could be some freezing moisture in the linkage/pot which is connected to your pedal... Maybe the mechanical linkage is slipping or jamming...

Start your diagnosis at the control point if you feel a difference...
Exactly.

The throttle pedal is completely electronic. There is one connection and one bolt, and you can pull it right out of the car.

If the throttle is stiff, and it's not your imagination, then I would look at the pedal assembly.
Appreciate 0