03-22-2014, 04:20 PM   #4
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD View Post
+1. Especially with first year models, I wouldn't want to be a ginea pig..
If you look at the M5, the ECU still hasn't been cracked. And still sceptical towards piggy backs. Companies that always swore against it in the past, suddenly turn towards it with all trust. It's because it's the only current option to gain any HP/money.

Although no words yet on any problems with M5's which have been tuned via piggy backs, not sure about it.
Buy tuning from a company that has full TÜV approval on their tunes and offer a warranty. That way you have both a warranty and a individually verified hp/tq gain.

I know that many don't want a old fashioned piggyback, and I completely agree that a piggyback such as what BMS offers for the M5 is a crude tool (only changing boost pressure and nothing else). But piggybacks used by AC Schnitzer are CAN based and change fuelling, ignition timing, boost etc. They are actually individually mapped for each model unlike crude "boost only" piggybacks that are generic and just change the reading of one sensor.

ACS have actually managed to crack the speed limiter on the F1x M5/6. I personally wouldn't worry with a tune from someone like ACS
Appreciate 0