View Single Post
      04-16-2014, 08:23 AM   #2
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray101381 View Post
kind of off topic but i have an 2011 X5M with a velos tune and i swear it's faster than my 2014 m5 CP, i'm hoping that once i get the break in done on the m5 it'll pick up some speed, but my x5m just pulls sooo hard, the further i mash the accelerator the harder it pulls, i don't get that with the m5. i've read even after the break in service the car doesn't change much if any. i still like my M5 but the X5M just pulls sooo hard and that's without the M button, with the M button and trans sport mode it feels amazing! anyone else with any experience
Have you gone Full Throttle already with the M5 before Break-In?

Many say that there is no change in the M5's software or performance after Break-In and that only fluids are changed, but I'm not 100% convinced. How much horsepower is your X5M making with the tune? Are you mashing the X5M on the roll or from a standstill. From a roll the M5 with Sport+ everything, especially with the Comp Pack, will be faster than a tuned X5M. A Comp Pack M5 is making somewhere north of 600hp stock and weighs almost a 1,000lbs less than the X5M.

Appreciate 0