MarkDemma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
Those who need or want a lot of head room in back should just buy some ugly ass suv. Go buy a rav4 and be done with it.

The 4 door coupes are perfect, I just don't happen to like this one very much. Then again this aimed more toward those who would drive a mini, not me.
I had a 430 as a loaner car for a few days and I have to say that it was my absolute least favorite BMW I've ever driven. I'm usually a fan of a hatchback, but on the "gran coupe" body it was just big, awkward and cumbersome.

And that's the problem with these monstrosities - they are too big to be a proper coupe and the compromises made to fit in the 2 extra doors yet still have a sloping roofline make no sense. Why put in 2 extra doors to make it easier for people to get in and out of the rear if you are going to negate that by making any adults sitting back there have to to bend their head over?

I agree with you, if you want a usable back seat, buy a SUV - or normal sedan. If you want a coupe, buy a bloody coupe and know that your rear seat is for occasional use only.
Appreciate 0