CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I learned long ago simply not to own an iPhone. It's always a pleasure, when sending video of equipment not operating properly to contractors and the OEM companies, that they should have to download quicktime video player on their work machine just to watch a video. Not that I'm trying to be the android versus iPhone guy, but come on. Explaining to people, from other countries, that they need to download additional software (which involves IT and a multitude of hoops to jump through) just to watch a video so they can do business with us is not a great way to start a work relationship. Yep, those iPhones are great if everyone on the planet was forced to have one.

If I ever decide that I'm 12, a female and need my phone to be "cute" with colorful text bubbles and sounds, rather than just work, I'll light the ground on fire making my way to the closest apple store. Until then, I'll leave the bloatware to the "influencers" of the world.

I'm not an iphone fanboy by any means, but imessage is pretty invaluable for me since many of the buildings I frequent for work have wifi but zero cell service, and my company provides everyone with iphones. I do most of my actual work on a windows machine, but I have a Macbook I take to meetings. It helps that I can imessage those same people in my phone while I'm on the macbook in a meeting. No device is perfect, I just find Androids a bit more cumbersome to use.

All companies share data. The ones who claim they aren't, are lying.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00