simpelton
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazey82 View Post

Thoughts?
They damaged the paint work (near roundel and driver door sill or rocker panel) on my car. The damage near roundel was when fitting gloss black grills but tried to sell - it happened in delivery - paint shop said its good they owned up so they were fibbing and then they clipped a heal on the sill.

I made it very clear to the GM how I felt and got them to compensate but in all honesty no money could have made it better so they ruined my joy in picking up the car.

I read all the Americans swear not to get the dealers to touch your car. Get a detailer or detail your self. I ignored it thinking, nah, Australia's different - 150k+ cars. They will be meticulous. Nope I was wrong. Never again. Get the parts fitted your self. Do everything your self or go choose the right people.

It got worse, I had the entire car paint protected. Suntek - and could not protect the parts repainted for 30 days post paint so guess what happens. Second weekend ownership - went for a drive with the lads - my mistake - ran at the end of the train in close proximity through some back roads and the small strip around the roundel not protected. Three chips, one quite noticeable (wife thinks not and that I'm mad but it pains me knowing its there). Had it protected with the chips but that's what I was avoiding with the protection. Argh. I wish I told them to leave the car as is of the ship and had it detailed by a detailer.

My first M. My first sports(ish) car and I'm anal so many distrort nights before and after pick. Over it now. Love the car but still bugs me.

Next car. Instructions. Do not look at the car. I'll back it off the truck. Here's your cheque. Later!!
Appreciate 2