vonmayr
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazey82 View Post
Hey All, Car is due to arrive 24th Jan. I have some concerns regarding the dealer wash/prep as I'm pretty fastidious when it comes to detailing and wanted to avoid having to spend hours correcting a brand new cars paint if it can be avoided.

If I request they do not touch it, is it likely the car would still have been washed between when it left Germany and arriving at the dealership or if not still require some minor correction anyway, in which case I shouldn't worry and just let them wash it provided its hand washed with clean microfibre.

On the other hand I feel a bit funny about taking delivery of a dirty car with all the exterior wrapping on it. Kind of a big moment for me with my first new M3 and seems the experience won't have that WOW factor if she aint sparkling clean wrapped in a pretty bow.

Thoughts?
I'm fastidious and picky too. On both BMW's I ordered I had them just take off the plastic and shipping material and not wash it. I've seen too many swirls installed by the dealers to ever let them wash the car. It will be clean enough for your celebration without a dealer wash job. Enjoy your new ride and congratulations!
Best Regards, Robert (BMWCCA #471893)
Loreley 2015 / //M3 6MT SO over full SO, Exec,Susp & Lighting, HK & Blk 19's - ED 15 May 2015, Redelivery 23 July 2015
My photography: WWW.PBASE.COM/VONMAYR
My ED Adventure http://www.vonmayredadventure.blogspot.com
Appreciate 0