04-21-2009, 04:24 PM   #21
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
The volume of air pushed into the engine bay by the RPI intake is negligible compared to the volume intaked by the engine. Especially when considered that not all of it is even intaked.

It's a horrid design. It works on shittier cars with horrible intake designs (purposefully by the manufacture) where the increase in airmass due to the decrease in restriction outweighs the loss of airmass by the increased heat.

This is not one of those cars.
See you are always full of great info! I learn more from your posts then anybody else on this forum! I guess I should speed up my plans to duct more air into the engine bay.
My current plan is purchse the bimmerworld brake duct kit and then mount the hoses some where behind the lower grill on the front bumper and duct that air to the front brakes. Then I have a spare drivers side brake duct laying around the house so I think i will cut the end of that and use some of the same brake duct hose to route air from the drivers side brake duct directly into the engine bay near the intake. When I had the front drivers side fender liner out in the fall it looked really easy to be able to run a hose up in there to the engine bay. The only thing I am worried about is by having the hoses mounted in behind the lower front grill it will block off to much air flow to the radiator. Any thoughts?

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0