Thread: AFE Intake
View Single Post
      04-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #6
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Ok so first off (getting into flame suit now) I am not trying to say any of you are wrong but here is my take....Do any of you guys that are knocking this intake have any experience with it or are you just talking from "what you have heard"? I for one do have this intake and I also have an m coupe with the same mods as mine but no afe intake that I drive all the time. I can tell you from back to back driving between the cars that it does make a difference but not a huge difference. The response is for sure better with the intake especially when combined with the RPI scoop. I have said it before and I will say it again the AFE intake needs to be combined with the RPI scoop to make it more effective and keep heat soak down much like BMW did with the snorkel on the csl. The one thread where the AFE intake was bashed was from a guy with an e60 550i but how can you take two different cars with two different intakes and claim that because one might lose power that a different intake on a different car and engine will do the same? That is a pretty large inference.... if anything don't bash it until you have tried it for yourself or after the dyno report comes back. Even the guy that was bashing the intake on his 550i said in the same thread that he had a great experience with the afe intake on the e46 m3. I am not the kind of guy that defends something just cause I own one.... if something is crap to me I toss it in the garbage and report it on here.

I love this "hot air intake" too......one day I will upgrade!

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0