07-15-2014, 12:13 PM   #17
PJS313
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 Black Sapphire X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf313 View Post
Commercial Single Engine Land Single Engine Sea, Multi Engine Land & Instrument. Fly a King Air and Cessna 340 for the company I work for. Have a Pitts S2-C for fun.
For about $4,000-$6,000 you can get a Private Pilots License depending on where you're located. (Which is a license to learn) Less for a Sport Pilots License.
It definitely is an addictive thing once you get into it and there are so many interesting different things to do in aviation (seaplane, tailwheel, bush flying, gliding etc.) That being said it is expensive but if you join a club you can mitigate costs as well as meet some like minded people, which is always fun.

AOPA is a good resource if you're thinking about it. http://www.aopa.org/Pilot-Resources/Learn-to-Fly

In my mind if it came down to the Pitts or the M3, its an instantaneous decision and off goes the M3 simply for nights like this. (Not my vid as I'm still getting my go pro mounts figured out) But then again, to each their own...

[u2b]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odwJr5FzArM[/u2b]

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me. I highly recommend going for an intro lesson as was mentioned to feel out your interest level. Careful though, once bitten by the aviation bug there's no turning back.
That Pitts is gorgeous must be a blast to fly!!!! So lucky being able to fly the King Air and 340 for work, that'd be a dream come true for me. I'm just about finished up with my instrument and hopefully will be going to get my tailwheel endorsement towards the end of August and maybe try some aerobatics after that looks like fun just not sure if my stomach can handle it.
Mineral White F82 M4 - Sold
AW E92 M3 - Sold
Appreciate 0