revo 3vom
It's move over
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deep Green Metallic 335xi

Peeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeti View Post
These comments are precisely the reasons I want to use a proper shop. Yes you can pinch the line to keep dribble to a minimum (and risk damaging it now, or weakening it to when the fluid is hot and bursting later), yes you can pump the pedal and hope the bubbles all go up to the reservoir, yes you can properly manual bleed by pumping pedal and releasing fluid until bubbles stop.

That is all nonsense. The clutch hydraulics are responsible for over $10,000 of stuff. Not to mention your safety. I'd rather put a proper power bleeder on it and since I don't have one, I defer to finding a shop that does. So back to original question, any shops that wanna have a group install?

P.S. and if one does not have a lift and good offset wrenches to get to the bleed nipple, this install is a bear. Ramps are meh, jack stands even worse.
Peeti, you make valid points, but does anyone buy things to work on themselves as a hobby anymore? The bmw mechanics read the same books and watch the same videos. they have a book at their station they look through to do any work... some remember for the next time. Some go back to it every time for reference. The only difference is the bmw mechanics do it more often. It seriously takes 20 mins to do the mod. the rubber nipple can be removed with a pair of pliers. If you need help Goose and I did ours this weekend. no problems.
Appreciate 0