View Single Post
      11-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #17
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

BMW put an extended warranty on the S54 engine when they started blowing up. They extended and changed out waste gates, turbos, and injectors on the N54 when they started failing. They've compensated some of you with the bad oil pumps.
They did not OBVIOUSLY LIE about their faults once it became clear there was a problem.

Any wheel can fail if abused, but some of these failures were purposely done by ADV, like drilling the extra holes on the center rim. The cracked wheel was on an SUV. The C63 wheel vibrated too much to even drive it from the first time they were installed, so doubtful it was abused.
I've never seen a BBS, VOLK Champion wheel fail. HRE has been solid once they got TUV certified.

If you're going by what high end auto shops are putting on their cars, your falling for ADVERTISEMENT and hype. I'm sure they give high margins on their wheels, so shops want to sell them. They do look good, but the safety of me and my family are WAY MORE IMPORTANT to me.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 11-03-2012 at 04:33 PM..
Appreciate 0