04-27-2016, 08:51 AM   #11
jwebb335xi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335 XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBeard
Thanks guys! The thing is car has only 38K miles, it was rarely used and I think struts are not worn out. I will check my tire pressure and will try to increase pressure to 38psi fronts. Who knows what pressure my local shop put when they changed rims/tires, I bet they put stock pressure.
If that won't help - I'll go with Koni FSD - as I've heard only good things about Koni in general. Thank you again!
If you replace struts, consider spring pads, bump stops and dust boots. They're relatively cheap wear items though at 38k they may be fine. Also, check the strut mounts. They are about $75 each. I replaced mine when doing struts at 86k, and only one was bad. Thing is, it takes time to get at these parts and I only like to do things once. Others are skilled, work fast or don't mind paying for labor twice. To each his/her own. Just wanted to give you some options to consider.

Working with tire pressures can make a HUGE difference. So thats worth investigating before you pull out the credit card and/or get dirty.

MHD / Wedge / 93 Octane/ xHP / FMIC / Inlets / Catted DPs / CP / DVs
Appreciate 1