Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan (Dec 13th)

Garage List
2000 M5  [0.00]
YES; I apologize.. this is what I am talking about in terms of dynamic mapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r
My buddy with an s4 and a GIAC chip was raving about the "dynamic mapping" and how his car was getting faster and faster as the chip "learned" the engine and fuel limits... is this what everyone means by dynamic mapping?
Please accept my apologies everyone... I am only interested in a lively discussion... I understand that the new BMW inline 6 is really a strong engine and what Shiv is doing is simply tapping that extra engineering for all of our benefit. The next 335 I get will probably be the last car I have for the next 5 years so I want a healthy balance of performance, reliability and flexability. It seems Shiv has really meet those criteria; I'm just a little inquisitive.

Back to adaptive engine control/dynamic mapping...
Yes, a system that can adapt to the fuel, air, air pressure, temperature, etc. And I think that would be a big $$$ project. Now I understand right now for 1300 bucks this system is probably static and that's fine. I'm seriously considering getting it... I will do it, but I want to see you tune it and give me all of the ins and outs about it.

The dealer told me that my 335i Sedan will be here in the middle of December; are you interested? I live in Riverside, CA?

Thanks for entertaining my questions everyone!
Appreciate 0