View Single Post
      08-20-2015, 10:01 PM   #13
int
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 (2013 335XI) & F48 (2016)

Downpipe/resonator aren't legal, correct? I already worry enough passing by cops because of my tints being too dark for where I live -- want the aggressive sound but want to conform to the (dumb) laws of the province I live in!

After much research, I can confirm that it's not the 339/340 version difference of the MPE -- I live in Canada, where I think the 340 is stock/standard. The difference was the MPPK -- I popped the hood on my car today and, having seen the plastic engine cover piece (?) which doesn't say "M PERFORMANCE" across it, I can confirm that, despite the "M PERFORMANCE" black rocker panels on the sides of the car, the car did NOT come with the M performance pack on it. The one I test drove definitely did -- and I think it was more the 'gurgle' that I was hearing while test driving that one which had me all excited.

I just got back from a long drive, carefully listening to the exhaust sound. I absolutely love the car -- I just think I will love it more next summer when I invest in the MPPK (even if it's just for the balance of the lease)

Appreciate the input guys!
Appreciate 0