MarkDemma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
If they don't they'll be making a stupid decision. The only good press these days that they get is from the 2 series/M2 and its basically their halo car right now. They need to keep the coupe RWD, w/ an inline 6, and a manual.

The 2 series is the only reason I currently have a bimmer in the garage, so I hope the coupe keeps its winning formula, otherwise, I guess I'll be jumping ship!
Not that I don't agree with you, I held out replacing my E46 330Ci ZHP until I drove the M240i ... but I'm afraid we're a dying breed. They made this car because of the 70,000 Audi A3's and Mercedes CLA's getting sold every year in U.S. Look at the sales numbers for the RWD 2 series last year they didn't sell 10,000 of them, and I bet outside the US very few were the M240. Heck I had to special order mine because they simply weren't making any M240 manuals and shipping them. Simply put, no one is beating down their doors for RWD with a I6 and manual.

Yes, the M2 gets good press, but not sure how many units sold that translates into ... I do see a lot more M4s on lots than M2s. Whether or not it translates into sales, everyone talking about wanting a M2 seems to have kept the next version of the coupe RWD - we can just hope you can still get the M240i with a B58 variant and a manual, but may just be the M2.

What I'm saying is that they can't make cars to please purists if it doesn't translate into sales. I think people would be less upset if they would have not called this a 2 at all and kept that moniker for the RWD coupe only. Honestly if you want a 4 door folks should get a 340.
Appreciate 3