View Single Post
      06-28-2008, 02:38 AM   #6
VMM
Rep
Drives: E46 IB M3 ZCP

Got a front plate ticket (20 dollar fix it) which I got signed off after doing the zip tie thing. The officer at the local police station stated that they were trying to crack down on no front plates due to the red light cameras which are popping up all over the place. Sound sketchy to me as I know that these cameras take a picture of both the front and back of the car and the driver. They've got cameras all over the intersection. Interestingly enough I've heard people complain about getting constantly harrassed by the police about the plates and even some of them being followed and warned repeatedly. I think this has something to do with the type of car and age of the driver. I have other friends with M3's, a couple of Porsche's, and a few Ferrari's and Maserati's. Some actually put the plates on and didn't care. The others don't have plates and have never been bothered. I don't think a law enforcement officer is going to pull over a 360 modena and lecture the driver about front plates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
I don't understand why front plates are needed.

Not all states have that law.
Appreciate 0