m42stanle
N52B25
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 LCI (323i)

Quote:
Originally Posted by froz_v View Post
I dont think there is anything wrong with this website
No, and if you had just posted the general link to the website with some advice like, "make sure you use a disposable e-mail and don't give out any more info than you have to" you wouldn't be getting this response.

But you DIDN'T do that - you posted the "shopping consultant" referral link that ensures you get a cut of any referred purchases. (aka, the "top of the pyramid" link) Even setting aside the fact that you violated the terms of the forum (no commercial posts from non-sponsors) this is just sneaky.

BTW that site (like any multi-level marketing system) is absolutely a pyramid scheme. It's not a Bernie Madoff level scam that is going to wipe out anyone's retirement savings but it is based on exactly the same model. Your cash back is coming from the revenue generated from selling the personal information of the people you are able to refer. Since the population of those with the discretionary income to shop at these places is not infinite, the model is not sustainable.

And finally, as much as we hate those CPP deductions this is not a pyramid scheme. We contribute present day dollars to fund the retirement of our grand kids and withdraw dollars contributed by those before us. I don't get $100 more in retirement per month by referring my friends and co-workers to my CPP contributions link. Also -- unlike MLM scams, and notwithstanding some hiccups in population growth trends -- the model is more or less indefinitely sustainable.
Appreciate 0