View Single Post
      09-20-2010, 06:58 PM   #1
snkeyez95
Private
Rep
Drives:

Just got a 335i...Few questions.

Hello everyone. Was looking for a 335 for a little over six months until last week when I purchased one. Great car. Having so much fun.

I have a few questions and figured guys would be the ones to have some answers.
  1. I've read a lot about the turbo/actuator rattles and think I may have this problem. When the car is in neutral and I rev the motor to about 3500 rpm I hear a tinny noise when the revs drop. Sounds almost like a baseball card in the spokes of a bicycle wheel. From what I can tell it sounds like it's coming from the engine area. I have a service appointment next week to have them check this noise out, just thought I'd ask.
  2. Having driven only manual cars on a daily basis for over 15 years, I'm fairly new to how automatics should feel. I've noticed when coming to a stop light/sign I feel the car downshift. Nothing very aggressive but certainly noticeable. Almost like a manual car downshifting to first right before you stop. This normal for this steptronic tranny?
  3. The chrome trim around the windows has some water stains. Any suggestions on a product or method for getting rid of these marks? Not sure if chrome polish would be safe.
Thanks everyone for sharing any insight. I appreciate all that this forum has to offer. Certainly helped during my pursuit of my 07' 335i.