Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
the m235i has two significant things that make it much more potent than the 135.

A) new chassis and suspension technology (stiffer materials, bushings etc)
B) LSD (never before offered)

I think the car will be very potent and very quick, and obliterate the 135is times and performance metrics.

I too like the 135is, but its let down by its very soft suspension bushings and somewhat soft structure. The 235 could be a very interesting car, and color me EXTREMELY interested in an M2 should one be released.
firstly the F2X chassis is derived from the E8X underpinnings....so there really isn't THAT much difference in the fundamental architecture aside from increased wheelbase and additional small dimension tweaks. Some construction methods were likely changed to reduce costs as the E8X was an 'expensive' car for BMW to build as it was essentially a 3-series underneath. The structure of the 2-series is very very similar underneath to the 1-series. The bushings and stuff....sure that may have changed...but are not hard to modify aftermarket anyways.

agreed about LSD. disagree about "obliterate"....that will never happen. The current specs released put the 135is and M235 at very similiar (if not same) performance numbers. Lap times around the track? i don't know....but "obliterate"? don't think so man
Appreciate 0