Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
The delta in handling and performance between the M235i and the M4 will probably be on par with the difference between the E82 135is and the E92 M3. Serendipitous to your question, a friend of mine who owns a 135is got to drive my M3 this weekend, and he remarked that the M felt like it was on a completely different plane of existence when it came to handling, engine responsiveness, and the overall feeling that it was a more "special" (his word, not mine) car than his 135is.

Take that for whatever it's worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
suffice it to say I'm pretty sure the M235i will be a continuation of the 135is with some improvement.

the m235i has two significant things that make it much more potent than the 135.

A) new chassis and suspension technology (stiffer materials, bushings etc)
B) LSD (never before offered)

I think the car will be very potent and very quick, and obliterate the 135is times and performance metrics.

I too like the 135is, but its let down by its very soft suspension bushings and somewhat soft structure. The 235 could be a very interesting car, and color me EXTREMELY interested in an M2 should one be released.
All true. But keep in mind that as the M235i is getting a boost in handling over the 135is, so too is the F8X over the E9XM (150-200 lb. weight reduction, solid bushings, etc.). Again, the delta between these two cars will probably remain the same as it was in the previous generation, which means the M4 will feel like it's on a completely different level than the M235i.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem

Last edited by aajami; 12-04-2013 at 03:07 AM..
Appreciate 0