06-01-2019, 10:03 AM   #5
M235Montreal
BMW Lover
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief View Post
Now that the ordering guides are out, I'm considering an X5 M50i. Our 2018 X5M is overkill for the wifey, which I knew would be, but I'm the car nut!! Lol
Still would like to drive/see IRL an X3MC, but I unloaded our X3 M40i bc of the same reasons/design I'm not too impressed with the X3MC (no full leather, skinny rear tires, weak stance, no real presence on the road). Plus, I don't anticipate any substantial deals on the X3MC anytime soon, compared to your run of the mill X5 M50i, relatively speaking.

The only Logical explanation for the skinny rear tires is to cancel the tire skipping that some describe in the GLC 63 and Macan turbo on very tight turns due the the short wheelbase on an AWD ! but still as you said the stance looks awkward and Ugly . i'm afraid this will be a flop. it looks already outdated as well before hitting thew showrooms , the GLC63 has already MBUX and air suspension and several wheel choices etc...... historically this is the very first time in history that a full fledged M vehicle will have skinnier tires than it's lesser siblings
Appreciate 0