amk2912
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 40d & '12 F10 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderm3 View Post
What about Clear Bra?
Every car is going to get stone chips at some stage or another. I've already got them. All I do is go and get fleeced $40 or so for a little bottle of paint and sealer from BMW and touch up the chips.

On the original topic, I was going through some documentation tonight on a Hyundai i30 that I bought for one of my staff to use. In it was a pamphlet for DefensePak.....apart from the paint protection, leather protection and tinting there was mention of some electronic anti-rust gadget. What a heap of BS! Ships have these things to help stop/delay rust - but unless you intend on floating your car in salt water, I wouldn't waste my money. I did get the tinting though - that's mandatory in this country with the amount of sun we get.

This is my honest opinion.........spend the money on some mod that improves your car's performance or make you feel good about the car. These superficial add-ons do nothing more than boost the dealer's margin. When you go to trade your car you won't get one $ more than market because you looked after the car. It just makes the car more attractive for the dealer to move to the next punter as they will trumpet the fact the previous owner looked after the car.
Appreciate 0