General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan_Brook View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDSC View Post
I've driven this new ugly M135i. It's refined, boring and has a very good interior. Compared to my F20 M135i LCI, the 4 pot motor is a total let down, the power delivery is rubbish, it runs out of steam. , the gearbox is slow. The new 330i feels much better with a real rwd BMW feel. The new M135i is a just generic FWD based rebranded Mini Cooper , it's boring and does not drive like a BMW should. An embarrassment to the 1 series heritage. An overpriced underwhelming BMW for posers, a fake M light with dishonest badging.
Think you know the reaction you will get on here with those sorts of comments but everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I would argue the F20 M135i wasn’t exactly a good looking car having ran one for 3 yrs plus!

You can’t compare the two engines in terms of how they deliver their power but in my experience although the 4 pot doesn’t ‘sing’ to the redline it still pulls all the way there and if anything it has more low down grunt / torque than the N55. I would also suggest the Aisin box to be on equal terms with the ZF auto in terms of speed and the thump it gives you when rapidly firing through the gears is certainly a win over its predecessor. To me it also changes down more willingly / freely.

I do like the term ‘fake M lite’ though! Pretending to be something that is pretending to be something else.....

In the real world, both cars would outclass each other in different scenarios but as yet, I am reserving my judgement to which one is my favourite until I have lived with the F40 for a lengthy period of time.
Don't worry about it mate.

Just some angry so and so living in the past. take a look at posting history. Oh dear.