03-29-2020, 06:10 AM   #28
msej449
msej449
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i Convertible +LSD 2016

Garage List
This is how I would have scripted it if I were them:

"Hi all. Today, we're looking at the new BMW 2 Series Grand Coupé. Who is this car for? Well, those of you who want a small package but for whom a MINI is just too small. Or those of you who liked the 2-door 2 Coupé, but really need those doors at the back. In M235i format, those of you who like power but want it understated - no bulging wheel arches or 'look at me' graphics. Customers of mine who have the 2 Series already often say they'll never go back to a larger vehicle: too hard to park, that much more weight to haul 'round, a ton of extra bodywork for not much more internal space - Talking of which, let's take a look inside the cockpit .... BMW prides itself on Germanic quality but doesn't pare the interior trim down so much that you think you're in a coffin. Tactile, interesting, but not a desert of black plastic. And that rear space is surprisingly generous, given the outside dimensions: I'm 5'10" and as you can see when I get in the back - I still have 2-3" of kneeroom there. Go 'round to the trunk and you can see that not only does it have the entire rear seat folding-down, but a big hidden compartment space underneath too. ... " and so on.

Really guys, with the right delivery, it's not that hard to get your target customer base to come 'round to the showroom to take a look. Hire a professional actor for half a day if needed.