View Single Post
      03-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
m3kerry
SCCA B Street
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 M

SCCA D Stock 135 build

Me and my co-driver are starting to look at replacing our current autocross car, a Shelby, with a 135i. We are both old M3 drivers, from when the e36 M3 had a chance in B Stock. We have campained a RX8 (3rd adn 9th at nationals over two years) and the Shelby is going into its 2 year where it has won some pro-solo events for us.

We would both like to move back to a BMW and have been waiting on a BMW to have a chance in a SCCA class. The 135i in D Stock looks to have a chance (the e46 M3 may have a chance in STU but I am not willing to put on together).

So, I am looking for help with the options that would be the best for a national level setup of a 135i. The options I was looking at or made the most sense to me were:

M tech package
short shifter

From there the aftermarket stuff looked like this:

Front sway bar UUC (set $450)

Shocks (vorschlag Terry Fair said he has a setup of class legal shocks in another thread but probably about 2k)

Cat back exhaust ? (looks like 1000 plus to get 35lbs off the car)

Wheels? (dforce if they come in 18 7.5 and 18 8.5)

I plan on ED for the car 1st of 2010 and was just starting to look at the car. Looks like about 30k for the ED invoice pricing, 1300 for the m tech package and about 500 for the short shifter. So, I am thinking the car can be purchased for about 32k plus another 3 to 4k in mods.

Side not, has anyone built a 135i for STU yet to test the waters there?
Appreciate 0