2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X519 View Post
Thank you

I have started a 30 day trial of Tidal and will let you know. Didn't seem to make a difference on the highest quality tier on the base audio system on my current car, but that could be more of its own limits. Will test it out on my home audio system and then the BW system tomorrow.
Tidal can't stream at 24bits so I'd recommend getting had FLAC copies of your music. The B&W system is amazing as a whole but even with Tidal (yes I've tried it) the audio quality isn't the same
Qobuz, a new streaming service based in France, came to the US last month. They offer a fair amount of "high res" music, some of it native and some remastered older recordings. I use both Tidal and Qobuz and prefer the latter.

I believe you can stream high res files from Qobuz via an iPhone but I'm not sure if the B&W system will actually decode a high res stream. And I'm also not sure there's really an audible advantage to high res (vs. lossless flac files, I.e., CD resolution) in the noisy environment of a car.

Qobuz has a trial plan so it's worth checking out.
It doesn't matter because streaming at that bandwidth requires a lot of data which can be tricky while driving. Add this to the lack of bandwidth via BT (I know iPhones can play music via USB) and it's better to just use hard files.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0