View Single Post
      04-04-2011, 05:50 AM   #10
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks again is amazing all the extra features you can get by just coding the car. I just need to get the factory alarm to get done with coding.
Just as a heads up - if you knew you were gonna install the factory alarm, you should have done that 1st to save yourself some trouble.

Depending on whether you get the change VO to add the alarm to work by doing it yourself, or have to take it to the dealer:

When getting it to work thru dealer change of VO, they are only capable of re-flashing the entire car to add it - which, will in turn, wipe out all the coding you have done so far back to their defaults. Meaning you will have to go back in and re-code all those items.

Not sure if that is tru if you change the VO yourself based on the BMW instructions as I activated my alarm prior to doing any optional coding.

Some one that has experience with this may want to chime in...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0