06-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
AU335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
DIY: My method of Removing e92 amber reflectors (EASY WAY)

Hey guys, just took off my amber reflectors yesterday and made the swap to the painted ones. I first tried the hair dryer and box cutter method but it was way to time consuming and it was difficult to get in a good position behind the bumper without taking the wheel off. So here is what i did instead:

Tools needed: A Pair of Patient Hands, and a bottle of Goo-Gone or any 3M remover!

Step 1: Drive around for a little while and let everything get hot. (This will make it MUCH easier to remove the reflector)

Step 2: Use "Goo-Gone" / 3M remover / "Oops"... now, apply the 3M remover to the outside of the reflector around the edges and also behind the reflector, behind the bumper. I used "Oops" and just squirted it all around the reflector and it worked like magic

Step 3: Now, just SLOWLY push the reflector in (from outside the bumper). Start from the bottom of the reflector and work your way up, slowly pushing the reflector in. You can repeat step 2 as many times as you want to loosen up the 3M tape even more.

This took me a matter of only 10 minutes. I tried for about 30 minutes using the other method and got to frustrated and gave up. So I hope this DIY helps some of you guys who might have had trouble removing them another way.
Appreciate 0