View Single Post
      01-30-2019, 07:55 PM   #14
Symo
Where is the Earth Shattering Ka Boom?
Australia
Rep
Drives: E30 540i Mediterranean Blue

9 weeks and counting. Stealer was zero help when I called him yesterday. All internet searching suggests boats from Bremerhaven to Melbourne Australia sail every 14 to 21 days as it takes BMW's as well as other European manufactured cars from Germany and surrounds to Australia.

The wait is killing me so I rang BMW Australia today and asked if this was a normal "wait" on the wharf. The bloke I spoke with at BMW Aust was very surprised and confirmed the build date and that it was still there waiting in Bremerhaven and "would get back to me shortly" with some answers. He thought it was strange also.

BMW Aust only get paid when they deliver the car to the dealer then on to me so you would think they would have an interest in getting the car to me quickly as well.

I guess I would be calmer about it all if the dealer said it would be a March 2019 delivery when I originally ordered the car however the "Estimated Delivery Date" given on the contract of sale was December 20th 2018.

I suggested to the Stealer that I was on holidays in the USA from Dec 22 2018 to Jan 21 2019 so to hold delivery till I got back as I didn't see the point of paying for a month of Registration & Insurance and throwing away a month of warranty while it sat at the airport while I was away (plus it gets complianced as 2019 rather than 2018 so there is that also. Just wondering if that may have introduced a "glitch" in the delivery....??

So here it is - Feb 2019 and it is still 8 weeks away if it gets a boat today.

Last edited by Symo; 01-30-2019 at 08:08 PM..
Appreciate 0