blockdoc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

M buttons keep resetting

Hey folks,
Yes I've searched.

Over the last few weeks, my 2015 M4 stopped "remembering" the M-settings. In other words, if I reset them and calibrate them as I wish...the settings remain active until the car is shut off. When I restart the car (after the DME shuts down), I am back to the default settings (M1-Sport/Comfort DSC on, M2 Sport plus/sport plus MDM S3)

Backgorund info
I Added the IND red buttons (M1, M2) and damaged a couple of the connectors when I removed the steering will switch set. I assumed the problem was from this and just yesterday, replaced with sets with brand new BMW OEM parts. Problem is still there. Also, the car was reprogrammed at the dealer after a minor collision (they updated software so as to replace headlights and PD sensor since the BM3 flash seemed to give them trouble)....I have since reflashed the custom tune

I have checked to make sure the PROFILE is correct (based on other suggestions I found online)

Other than BM3, I have done no coding of specific ECUs. Bad head unit? Just seems temporally related to the button change intially

Any suggestions, other than a dealer visit??

Thanks
Appreciate 0