View Single Post
      01-09-2008, 01:31 AM   #3
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

yes

Most of the watches they sale are from european rolex dealers .one other thing is that not all dealers will negotiate on prices .I have bought plenty from my local AD and its about 24% discount on 18k models and approx 15-17% on run of the mill rolex and 0% on sports models .And they do go wrong I had one that the motor came loose in side the watch after about a year and my wifes latest runs fine but the quick date change facility is fu----.I think its where she leaves it parked on top of a red hot radiator ,I have asked her a million times to consider what she is doing but to no avail.She has her eye on a white 18k lady date just with diamond shoulder and bezel and a dark mop dial with diamond markings. very trick. One further thing i have realised in the last 15 yrs of buying Rolex is they dont loose shit loads like bmws .As peter mentioned if you buy wise and look after them they certainly hold there money expecially the steel sports range and a 16610 i bought for £1770 in 1993 is proberbly still worth that now trouble is i gave it to my father ,so when he pops his clogs i will retreive it.Has any body taken a look at the new 18k yachtmaster. imho it looks crap
Appreciate 0