View Single Post
      11-28-2005, 05:54 PM   #22
KMA
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 X6M,'07 M6Conv,'18 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
I'm curious how you'll make out getting a new car. Will the insurance company try to screw you on the initial loss of value (i.e. if you traded the car after 200 miles)? If they do, you could probably sue the other driver individually for the difference... ?
I will have more info later this week, but of course this was my concern. The adjuster informed me that they use ADP to determine market value. Given that the car is new, ADP supposedly would call 15 local dealers to find out how much they would charge for a similarly equipped vehicle. She may be feeding me a line at this point knowing I will argue, but she seemed to think that there was no reason I should not get MSRP. We'll see. I plan on arguing to no end--and honestly, thus far my insurance company is being rather generous and helpful in general since they plan on sending the bill to (or suing, if needed) the other insurance company (i.e., part of the reason I went with subrogation vs. directly dealing with the other persons company).
Appreciate 0