Joe S
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by jromaine View Post
Guys,
I have a 2011 DCT M3 and its just recently started cutting out under hard acceleration. I noticed it a few months ago, and today it happened twice. Under hard acceleration its like the engine just drops out completely, then kicks back in.

It did it when I was flat out hard shifting into 2nd. It threw me forward in the car because of the deceleration, then today while I was parked in neutral, I floored it (revving) it simply cut out at around 3,000rpm then kicked back in and hit 7,000rpm with seemingly nothing in between. It just went totally quiet then bang, 7,000rpm.

From the brief amount of research I've done online it appears it might be throttle body actuators?

If I were to describe it, it would be like taking your foot completely off the gas momentarily then putting it back on.

The cars not showing any error codes, its idling fine - no other issues. The car is stock apart from a remus exhaust.

Thoughts?
I think this might be the traction control. Turn off your traction control and see if it happens again ?? Just be careful ! Lol