View Single Post
      08-24-2016, 01:27 PM   #104
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
If I got the credit card for every hotel club membership I was part of I would be carrying around a stack and I mostly stay at Hilton brands (Hampton to Hilton). Again, depends on how much work you want to put into getting a benefit, I'm in sales, the system is the same.

I see the "staying at a Mariott for 6 nights on 75k points misleading" reality is one of their properties, probably not where you really want to be and hopefully for 5 nights. I have 30k points and wanted to stay near downtown Indy, 30k will get me one night or I can stay out by the airport at a Courtyard, nothing wrong with it, just need to understand the benefit to points and they are often not what they seem on the surface.

agreed, also the points are dynamically changing based on demand pricing. So you do have to book early and you're staying at non-ideal locations. I can see where Courtyard also costing 30k of points in Indy on certain dates.

Here's a crazy one for you, I have about 50k left over, and I can stay at a full service Marriott in Honolulu for 2-nights...25k each night. Indy business hotel vs Honolulu full service hotel. Go figure.