01-30-2018, 05:02 PM   #248
Calvin36
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Model wise good move, platform wise stupid move.

BMW should keep the RWD platform with AWD option as a replacement for the legendary E46.

I cannot believe that nobody in the BMW structure can see the things differently:
"Hey, we should not compete with Mercedes or Audi FWD entrance models. Let's make a smaller 3 series with a RWD platform and AWD option, a vehicle that will put our legacy back on track and bring the smiles back on customer's face."

What an opportunity to blow in a different direction with quite some benefits. Many will jump on a such vehicle leaving Mercedes and Audi in the rear view mirror since the driving experience will be better.

I don't think that it will take customers from 3 series. Who doesn't want a 3 series doesn't want a 3 Series. and if the 2 series becomes the main seller what is wrong with that? better sell a 240i RWD GC than have the customer leaving the brand.

So many voices craving for a E46 revival, and nobody is listening. How dumb is that?

This is a sheep attitude and I blame them for it. if I will have the chance to work for BMW I will have some very gutsy moves but I can guarantee success and profits; and a proper image rehabilitation.

A GC RWD/AWD will be a wise and popular choice for so many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
If only it was RWD based, it would've been the first new BMW in years I'd actually pony up for. What a huge opportunity missed by BMW putting it on the FWD platform, are they even trying anymore? :

They've gone full retard. If I want a FWD based small sedan I'd buy a goddamn Audi. I don't need or want a shittier Audi knockoff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
If only it was RWD based, it would've been the first new BMW in years I'd actually pony up for. What a huge opportunity missed by BMW putting it on the FWD platform, are they even trying anymore? :

They've gone full retard. If I want a FWD based small sedan I'd buy a goddamn Audi. I don't need or want a shittier Audi knockoff.
Exactly - RWD is one of the main positive attributes of the brand, from a heritage and know-what-they're-doing standpoint.

The interiors of comparable Audis and Mercs are typically better...so if you have the same drivetrain option as them now, why do people buy the product again???

Exactly right on all points. We all love BMW because of their "I don't give a fuck about FWD attitude and stuck with RWD for driver experience. I even could accept that they adopted XDRIVE to compete against the biggest HP model performance cars because they stuck with RWD bad started losing the acceleration wars.. but to jump on the FWD train really ruins the brand because of what they had solidified over the years of being the brand that will ALWAYS b the Ultimate Driving machine before an Eco box. :/
Teutonic2709.00