View Single Post
      05-14-2018, 10:53 PM   #30
dskurth
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

First the X3 m40i is awesome...but that said, there are a couple of things I WISH someone would have told me.

1. If you are used to a manual transmission, you are going to have to relearn how to drive up a very steep hill. The DTS wants to hesitate for up to 4 seconds, even if you press the gas pedal, use sport mode, change to manual mode..it is all the same. Then it surges. Turning of the DTS helps but is not a total solution. The gas pedal is just very very touchy. It takes a bit of practice after a manual.

2. If you get the hitch, you are going to lose the ability to control the cargo door with your foot.

3. If you get a spare tire, then you lose a place to store the cargo bar and get almost no hidden storage under the cargo floor and, only iky thing I have found thus far, the battery is immediately exposed if you remove the Styrofoam. (If someone has a solution to this...I am all ears. I sorta regret ordering the spare tire now).

Other than those items, I have had the joy of playing and relearning certain assumptions, after driving a manual for almost 30 year. Still, with LA traffic like it is going, not having to sit on the clutch is rather nice.