thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamr View Post
Well i have a diesel bakkie that i use to work on week days ... and at the moment I'm just too scared to park the BMW anywhere (very possessive at the moment) ... so 700km on the car at the moment, been driving the weekends, top down of course ...

Go for the Michelin's, my 335i is extremely smooth, considering it has the run-flats and the m-sport suspension ....

That exhaust note is something else, like a Porsche or a V8 ... this Friday my friend came over with a merc S55, V8 Kompressor the one with the 4 pipes ... my God that car is fast, they raced a modded E46 M3 which they annihilated, then the E39 M5 also annihilated, they told me before they came through to me that they also raced a 335i coupe from a rolling start and the 335i ran away from the S55 ... i dunno if that was true cause when i sat in that S55 it felt very fast, scary in fact no way a 335i is faster than that car
I agree with you regarding being possessive... people are too inconsiderate and downright malicious, especially at the malls.... One day I had chosen to park my car in the open parking lot, very far from other cars, in Menlyn mall.... there was no car on either side of it.

When I came back, I found my driver's side door mirror twisted and pointing forward, with a scratch on the driver's door, below the then twisted mirror.... I was so mad, but I couldn't do anything because there was no car next to mine at the time.... so the bugger ran away and parked elsewhere I suppose.... luckily the mirror wasn't broken... so i pushed it back into its place....from then on, everytime I park I fold my mirrors... but sadly I have no solution for the door dings people keep planting on my car.... So yeah, I understand your possessiveness.

Yep, that 335i motor is something else... I'm confident it can stay with the S55.... however, I agree with you, I don't think it can beat the S55.

Top down motoring is cool and tempting to me... especially since it helps make the exhaust sound clearer.... Ok, I might just get myself confused about my next car now... this was made worse after driving my friend's E46 330Ci again over the weekend.... his car is responsible for me buying my current car in the first place, but I don't like the cloth roof in the E46 330Ci, so I went for the sedan.

Now with the E93, I have no excuse about the roof.... I can't even imagine how much better the E93 335i sounds, from the driver's seat with the accelerator pedal pushed to the floor... The problem is, I don't want to test-drive it... because I know what will happen after the test-drive.

Yep, on my next front tyres, Michelin it will be.
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0