View Single Post
      08-20-2014, 12:47 AM   #1
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Took a little ride down to Mexico with @///M ARMY tonight.

Got to see his Black F80 and it was gorgeoussss! Nice work man. I also like the sound of the ER DPs. Tons of turbo noise to hear with it.

Anyway, parties involved tonight were:

New 5.0- unknown mods
C5 Z06- unknown mods
E82 135i- JB4, Charge pipes, E45 fuel, muffler delete, and Stage 1 Pure Turbo turbo upgrade
F80 M3- DPs
Terminator- tons of mods/bigger pulley etc.
VT2-625 E92 6MT

I was running basic JB4 Map 1 on a 6MT M4.

Had no experience against anything but the 135, Terminator, and the S/C E92 so I will speak to that.

1. 135 was a beast. Rocket out of the gates with the torque, but the M4 reeled it in easily. If I am not mistaken, it was very close races between it and the F80 w/ DPs.

2. Terminator- Car was a monster. Unknown power levels but owner suggested 450-460 wtq at least. Pulled it pretty hard in the M4 on first race and was door to door on second race with the Stang ahead by ~1/2 car.

3. VT2-625 6MT- Still a freaking beast and had amazing S/C whine. Race 1, was almost from a dig and M4 took it by maybe a car length. Race 2, 2nd gear roll, door to door with the E92 (maybe even slight edge to the M4) Race 3, 2nd gear but higher RPM range for the E92 and it took the M4 by maybe a car length. As speeds got up there, the E92 definitely shined brighter than the F82.

Thoughts: vs. Cars 2 and 3 i definitely had some DSC intervention (Euro MDM mode the whole time) but I wouldn't make any complants or claim that it would have made a huge difference. The VT2-625 pulls HARD up top as some have envisioned, but the M4 was no slacker today. Also, as @Roman@ESS has stated...it's all about the powerband. When starting in the powerband, the F82 gets beat, period. When not, it's a driver's race. One thing I wonder is if heat soak played a role in any of them. I did a lot of back to back pulls. Cant wait to add some E85 to the mixture and more aggressive tuning.

Anyway, I'm exhausted. More to follow tomorrow. @///M ARMY can chime in and tell me how his car performed/what he saw tonight. Good to meet you again man! Love your car.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0