UK F82 owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by muhri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
All the cars that I had with drilled or slotted rotors make this noise when using the brakes somewhat aggressively. Both my E92 M3's did and the same with my M4.
Gearhead999s hmm, thanks! but really, sometimes not even under aggressive usage, just normal stopping pressure. Kind of weird to tell you the truth. The dealership has asked that I bring it back later for more checkups but the look of the brake structure (pads, rotors, shield, etc) looks normal.
Mines the same. The noise is the same as when I had cooked the brakes in my E36 328 years ago. You know the noise, 100-0 too many times in succession and on the fourth attempt brakes gone, brown pant moment and an accompanying drone from the brakes telling you that you've been driving like an ass.

My M4 makes exactly the same noise on occasion but under moderate braking however the actual brake operation is normal and unaffected by the noise. And also not as a result of heavy braking previously it seems a bit random. At first it was a concern but I now ignore it. I've done about 1850 miles in the car so far so still new.