05-19-2019, 12:46 AM   #22
aadum
Second Lieutenant
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 330xd e92 ,520d f10, 540i G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSoss View Post
So this LC thing really freaks me out, but I’m interested in trying it at least once. Tonight I did try- I followed all the steps, but on the last part I pressed the brake hard with my left foot and started to press the accelerator... and I felt the engine lurch a bit as it struggled against the brake, just as you’d expect an engine to do in such a circumstance... I didn’t see any checkered flag, and I instantly backed off. Maybe I did it wrong? But it did lead me to wonder if it’s better to just mash the gas pedal all the way too?? And if you try this, is the idea that the car doesn’t engage the clutch (while the engine is at optimal RPM) until you release the brake? I think understanding what the car is actually doing would help ease my mind. Hopefully my little experiment didn’t damage my car at all!?? 🤣😬 Any ideas what I did wrong??
try going with your accelerator pedal all the way down (beyond point of resistance) ...there is a kick down switch....just try to feel it when the car is of.... i think this is what you are missing......